Boxing: in the middle of Paradigm trial, Camp Pacquiao assures Spence to fight to pass


MANILA, Philippines – The camp of Filipino boxing icon and Senator Manny Pacquiao on Monday insisted his next fight against American Errol Spence Jr. would continue, following a lawsuit against him by a sports agency.

Paradigm Sports had filed a lawsuit against Pacquiao in Orange County Court in California, alleging breach of contract.

The agency, led by athletic director Audie Attar, is seeking $ 3.3 million in damages as well as an injunction to stop Pacquiao’s next fight against Spence Jr., scheduled for August 21.

“The lawsuit filed by Paradigm Sports Management has no legal basis to prevent the bout from happening,” Pacquiao’s camp said in a statement.

The Pacquiao-Spence fight is set to take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and will be the Filipino boxer’s first fight since July 2019, when he defeated Keith Thurman.

Pacquiao announced his fight against Spence in partnership with Al Haymon’s first boxing champions (PBC) earlier this month.

According to the lawsuit filed by Paradigm Sports, however, they have the exclusive right to negotiate Pacquiao’s next two fights. They were also already in talks with fellow boxer Mikey Garcia’s camp when Pacquiao announced he was facing Spence instead.

In the lawsuit, Paradigm Sports alleged that Pacquiao’s advisers, Sean Gibbons and Winchell Campos, brought the “Pacman” back to Hayman and PBC.

Pacquiao’s US legal advisor Kinsella Welzman Iser Kump LLP called the lawsuit “frivolous.”

“It can and will fail for many reasons,” said attorney Dale Kinsella. “Moreover, if Pacquiao had known that Paradigm Sports appeared to have had no intention of honoring its contractual agreements, he would never have formed a relationship with them.”

“If this case were to go beyond Friday’s filing in court, Mr. Pacquiao would vigorously defend this action, make his own claims against Paradigm Sports and also seek to recover his attorney fees,” he said. added.

Pacquiao is considering bringing charges against Paradigm Sports “for damaging its reputation and brand.”

The senator is currently at General Santos, where he is training for his fight against the undefeated Spence.

RELATED VIDEO

boxing, Manny Pacquiao, Paradigm Sports, Audie Attar, breach of contract, Manny Pacquiao boxing, Errol Spence Jr.


Source link

Previous Our Lady of Peace, a free residential hospice in St. Paul, plans $ 4 million expansion - Twin Cities
Next The love life of Stephen Thompson: is "Wonderboy" single?

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *