Huddersfield teenager Aliyah Powell, bronze medalist at the 2019 World Championships, will compete in the -57kg category.
Caden Cunningham, also from Huddersfield, gets the nod at -87kg and hopes to add to the three medals he has already won this year.
Bradly Sinden, from Doncaster, was silver medalist at the last European Championships and Olympic vice-champion last year in Tokyo.
He will be aiming to add to his tally in the 68kg competition.
The championships will take place at the regional arena, Sportcity, from May 19 to 22 and, exclusively, we can offer one lucky reader the chance to win a family ticket (two adults and two children aged 16 and under) for watch the Yorkshire Trio and other stars of GB Taekwondo and Para Taekwondo.
The winner will receive a family ticket and an overnight stay in Manchester to attend the Championships on Saturday and Sunday 21 and 22 May.
The ticket will grant access to all four weekend sessions and accommodation includes breakfast at the Holiday Inn Hotel Manchester Central or the Park Inn Manchester, courtesy of CSE, the official accommodation partner of the event .
1. The competition is only open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, their immediate family and any other person professionally linked to the competition.
2. To participate, send an e-mail [email protected] under the Taekwondo Competition heading and answer this simple question: What color medal did Bradly Sinden win at the Tokyo Olympics?
3. Entries must be received by The Yorkshire Post by 5pm on Thursday 12th May.
Any entry received after this will not be considered and will not be valid.
4. The contest is free, although data charges from your network operator and Internet service provider charges may apply.
5. There will be a winner.
6. The winner will receive a family pass* for two days to the European Taekwondo Championships. A family pass covers two adults and two children aged 16 and under. The pass will give access to the event for two sessions per day (rounds and finals), for two days.
Price also includes one night’s accommodation with breakfast in a family room at the Holiday Inn Hotel Manchester Central or Park Inn Manchester (courtesy of CSE, the official accommodation partner)
7. The European Taekwondo Championships will be held May 19-22, 2022. This award is ONLY for this event. It is not transferable to another event/date and no alternatives will be offered.
SELECTION OF WINNERS AND CONTACT
8. The winner will be randomly selected from all entries received by the closing date indicated by a computer generated closed system. We will have the final overall decision on the selection of winners and this decision is final. No correspondence will be exchanged.
9. The winner will be contacted by email no later than Friday, May 13.
10. If you are a winner, you will have seven days to claim your prize. If you do not respond within this time, you may forfeit your prize. We reserve the right to award the prize to an alternate winner if we are unable to contact you on the platform on which you entered the competition.
11. In the event of a dispute regarding these terms and conditions, the conduct, results or any fault, misunderstanding, error or dispute regarding the operation of a competition, including the accuracy or acceptability of answers given by winners, or the operation of any technical/communications system, our decision shall be final.
12. British Taekwondo is the competition promoter and prize provider. Our registered office is at Manchester Regional Arena, Rowsley Street, Manchester, England, M11 3FF. For any questions or issues regarding the competition, please contact [email protected]
13. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Tickets: For Championship tickets, visit https://www.seetickets.com/tour/european-taekwondo-championships-2022